Field Trips & Group Visits
Bring your students to the largest zoological experience in New England! Home to over 850 animals, your next adventures await at Southwick’s Zoo.
Reservations are now available for 2024 Field Trips and Group Visits to Southwick’s Zoo: Make your group reservation before March 1, 2024 to receive the 2023 group rate!
Southwick’s Zoo is the perfect place for students to see and learn about the many animals we share a planet with. Group rates are offered to schools, day-cares, summer programs, scouts, associations, and non-profits.
Note: The minimum to qualify for group rates is 20 people (ages 3+). Group visits must be booked with our Group Sales Team at least 2 weeks in advance.
Available on weekdays and weekends (preference of Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday for best experience): $15/person
Attraction Discounts for Groups
Please inquire about attraction discounts when making your reservation. Group rates for the train must be booked in advance when you make your reservation.
Woodland Express Train (minimum of 20 people) $5/person
Field Trip/Group Visit Requirements
Your group must have a minimum of 20 people (ages 3+) to qualify for group rates.
All field trip/group visit must be booked at least 2 weeks in advance through our group sales department. Group rates are NOT available at the entrance without a scheduled reservation.
We recommend 1 chaperone for every 10 students. High school students must be accompanied by a chaperone and remain with the chaperone for the entire visit. For the safety of our animals and guests, we require 1 adult chaperone per 5 children to enter the deer forest and petting zoo.
Planning Your Field Trip
Zoo Safety Rules
Please read and discuss our safety rules with your students before you arrive. All visitors are expected to treat the zoo and animals with respect. Any behavior that endangers the safety of the animals, staff, or other visitors will result in the group being asked to leave the zoo and your organization will be notified.
The zoo holds the group leader and chaperones responsible for children adhering to zoo rule, regulations, and personal conduct. Any behavior that endangers the safety of the animals, staff, or other visitors will result in the group being asked to leave the zoo and your organization/principal will be notified.
- Obey all posted guidelines within the zoo
- Visitors must stay on all walkways and paths and cannot climb or reach over fences. Please no running, we are located on natural terrain and many of our pathways are unpaved and/or steep.
- For the safety of the animals and guests, we require a ratio of 1 adult for every 5 children for entry into the petting zoo and deer forest. DO NOT run, chase, scream/yell at, or surround the animals. DO NOT pick up the baby goats. Plastic baggies are not allowed in the deer forest or petting zoo.
- Throwing objects at animals or into habitats is harmful and will not be tolerated.
- Please respect the animals, staff, and other patrons. Keep the volume of your voices down when near exhibits. Do not tease animals or copy their noises as this can agitate many species. Do not tap on glass in indoor exhibits. These actions can be very stressful for the animals.
- Please do not encourage, whistle at, or clap at our young chimpanzee if she throws objects or exhibits, teases/fights with other chimps, etc. For the health and safety of our animals and visitors, we do not want these negative behaviors reinforced.
- Chaperones must be present and able to enforce zoo rules. All high school students must be accompanied by an adult (non-student) chaperone and remain with the chaperone for the entire duration of the visit.
For additional information and FAQs, click here.