*If you are looking for information regarding Animal Care Internships or Education Internships with EARTH Limited and Southwick’s Zoo, click HERE.
*If you are looking for information about employment at Galliford’s Restaurant & Tavern (front of house, back of house, and event staff positions), click HERE.
Requirements For Winter Wonderland and Festival of Illumination Applicants
Seasonal positions are part-time, and schedules will vary weekly for most positions.
Please review the position descriptions below before completing your application to determine which position you are best suited for. In accordance with Massachusetts child labor laws, please no applicants under 16 years of age.
- Availability: Evening availability is required. Winter Wonderland and the Festival of Illumination is a nighttime event, open 5:00pm-9:00pm, Wednesday-Sunday, until January 2, 2022.
- All applicants must be at least 16 years of age. Please note that some positions require a minimum age of 18 years.
- All applicants must be comfortable working outdoors in all weather conditions. Please note that Winter Wonderland is an outdoor event taking place at night, so applicants must be comfortable working outdoors during the winter.
- All job positions can be assigned additional duties as required by management.
Winter Wonderland and Festival of Illumination Team Member
Winter Wonderland is Southwick’s Zoo’s annual holiday themed event, and this year it will feature the Festival of Illumination. This event will be open 5:00pm-9:00pm, Wednesday-Sunday until January 2, 2022.
Winter Wonderland includes a Drive Thru experience for guests to view holiday lights and lantern sculptures within the zoo, and a small walk thru area will also be available for guests to meet Santa, enjoy entertainment, enjoy refreshments, and more.
- Applicants must be available for night time shifts.
- Must be comfortable working outdoors.
- Must have strong customer service and communication skills.
- Must enjoy working with and interacting with guests of all ages.
- Must have a positive and upbeat demeanor.
- This position would require regularly standing and walking. Applicants must be able to use both hands, reach with hands and arms, kneel, crouch, or crawl occasionally, and be able to lift or move up to 60 pounds.
Animal Care Positions
We do not have any animal care openings at this time. To inquire about future animal care employment opportunities at Southwick’s Zoo, please call 800-258-9182 ext 209 or mail your cover letter (addressed to Betsey Brewer), resume, and two professional references to:
Attn: Animal Care
2 Southwick’s Street
Mendon, MA 01756