NOTICE: Southwick's Zoo is closed for the winter. Please check back soon for 2021 season updates.
We offer a variety of rides here at Southwick’s Zoo! Before you buy your tickets make sure you check the height requirements for each ride.
All rides and attractions are weather permitting and subject to change without notice.
All height, age, size, & safety requirements must be followed for the safety of the rider and zoo staff.
Please obey all posted signs. All rides are at the discretion of the ride operator, and operators reserve the right to refuse rides for the purpose of health and safety of the riders, animals, and staff. Height requirements can be found on this page, and they are posted at each ride.
All rides are weather permitting and are subject to change without notice.
Mechanical Ride Pricing
|Skyfari Sky Ride
|Woodland Express Train
|Soaring Eagle Zip Line
(Zip Line not included with Zoo-It-All admission)
*Kiddie Ride operations may be limited during Spring & Fall.
|Carousel||$3.50/person||No height min.|
|Car Ride||$3.50/person||32 inches|
|Rodeo Ride||$3.50/person||36 inches|
|Frog Hopper||$3.50/person||36 inches|
|Rocket Ride||$3.50/person||40 inches|
|Bear Affair||$3.50/person||42 inches|
|Jungle Boat||$3.50/person||42 inches|
Skyfari Sky Ride
See the zoo from above on our Skyfari Sky Ride! You’ll get a bird’s eye view of the African Plains, Deer Forest, chimpanzees, alligator, and more!
Skyfari Safety Rules
- Children must be at least 42″ tall to ride.
- Children must ride with a person 13 years of age or older.
- The Skyfari Sky Ride chair can seat: two adults , two adults with one small child (must be 42″ tall to ride), or two children with one adult.
- The Skyfari Sky Ride operator reserves the right to assign seating based on safety guidelines.
Woodland Express Train
All aboard the Woodland Express! This relaxing train ride is about 15 minutes long and will take you through our scenic North American exhibit and local wetlands. You can get a closer look at the elk and trumpeter swans, and you may even see some local wildlife such as herons, turtles, ducks, and more.
|Woodland Express Train
Children 2 years and under ride the train free
|No height min.|
Train Ride Safety Rules
- Children ages 12 and under must ride with an adult.
- Children must be seated in the center of the train car. Please only seat adults on the ends.
- DO NOT stand or exit train at anytime during the ride. This is a round-trip ride and the train will not stop until it returns to the station.
Soaring Eagle Zipline
Soar above the zoo with our newest attraction! Unlike traditional ziplines which feature a harness for a single person, the Soaring Eagle is seated and up to two people can ride at once. The entrance to this ride is located on the deck behind Galliford’s Restaurant & Tavern.
*The zipline is not included with Zoo-It-All admission or wristbands. Ride tickets cannot be used for the zipline
Includes 1 admission for the Rainforest Adventure Maze and 1 ride on the Zipline
|6 Ride Punch Card||$60|
Soaring Eagle Zipline Rules
- Minimum Height: 42 in (Passengers between the heights of 42” and 47”, or under 12 years of age, must ride with an adult)
- Single Rider Weight Limit: 300 lbs
- Combined Weight Limit: 450lb
- Only one passenger per seat.
- All riders must be weighed for reasons of safety. Weights will not be displayed or announced. You must ride with the person you are weighed with. If you wish to swap riders, you must be re-weighed before riding.
- Food, beverages, cell phones, and any other loose items are not allowed on the ride and must be left in a designated area.
Pony Rides are available weekends only.
Visit the Elkhorn Stable to take a pony ride! It is located nearby the Elkhorn mine and the Woodland Express Train Station.
|2 Tickets||Pony Ride Weight Limit 50lbs|
|2 Tickets||Camel Ride Weight Limit 180 lbs per person|