We are hiring! We are currently looking for Assistant Operations Managers. View the description below to learn more. We will begin accepting applications for additional 2021 season positions on March 1st.
Assistant Operations Manager
This position is ideal for those interested in pursuing a career in zoo or attractions management. Assistant Operation Managers will assist with the zoo’s normal season, Drive Thru Zoofari Tours, Winter Wonderland, and our World of Lights event. They will report to the Director of Operations and will help manage day-to-day operations to ensure that guests have a positive experience at Southwick’s Zoo. This is an entry level management position to start with room for growth.
Responsibilities include opening and closing the park, overseeing staff and daily operational activities, cash handling, POS management, retail accounting, maintaining management logs, guest relations, and more.
Availability: 25-35 hours/week. This position requires weekend, holiday, and nighttime availability. This position is part-time with the opportunity to become full-time.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must have at least 2 years of experience in a management role.
• Management experience at a zoo or in the attractions industry preferred.
• Must have POS software experience.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Must have the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• This position requires regularly standing, sitting, and walking for long periods of time.
• Must have strong written and oral communication skills.
• Must have strong customer service skills
• Must be comfortable working outdoors in all weather conditions
Application Instructions: To apply, fill out and submit the Assistant Operations Manager application with your resume and a cover letter. Resume and cover letter must be uploaded as pdfs. Click here to apply.