The Clarke Schools for Hearing and Speech, where children who are deaf or hard of hearing learn to listen and talk, is holding a Listening Walk at our zoo on Saturday, June 17, 2017! Th goal of this event is to raise awareness and support for Clarke and to help ensure that more children and families have access to their services and programs.
This event is open to all children and is not limited to Clarke students. Children will use their listening skills to discover new sounds throughout our zoo. Each child will have a Listening Walk Passport to keep track of the Listening Walk Stops they’ve visited. Those who register before May 26 will be entered to win a $100 gift card to Target!
The event will include:
- A scavenger hunt through our zoo during which children will seek and listen for animal and ambient sounds
- Lunch and an awards program
- Resource tables and games
- Full-day access to the Zoo for all participants
- An event t-shirt and Listening Walk Passport for all participants
If you have any questions about the Listening Walk, you can contact Jennifer Whelen at firstname.lastname@example.org.