Galliford’s Restaurant & Tavern and Southwick’s Zoo are currently accepting applications for a part-time marketing assistant. This position assists with marketing activities for Galliford’s Restaurant & Taverns and occasionally Southwick’s Zoo.
Approximate work schedule will be Wednesday -Sunday, 15-20 hours a week.
- Assists with marketing functions for Galliford’s Restaurant & Tavern as well as zoo marketing activities as needed.
- Manage social media accounts for Galliford’s including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. Will also be expected to assist with admin duties for the zoo’s social media on weekends.
- Take photos and video for promotional use
- Write and send press releases regarding restaurant news and events to various media outlets.
- Assist with organization and planning of events such as EARTH Bash as needed.
- Coordinate graphics for menus and poster boards.
- Manage menu and hour changes on Galliford’s website
- College degree in marketing, communications, or related field preferred
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Previous experience with marketing preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Must be detail oriented and have strong communication skills
- Must have strong customer service skills and be comfortable working with visitors of all ages
- Must be self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Familiarity with photo and video editing software is a plus
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to:
ATTN: Betsey Brewer
2 Southwick St
Mendon MA 01756
OR email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Marketing Assistant”.