Call 800-258-9182 x 501 to book your field trip or group visit
Click Here to Join our GROUP SALES email list
Southwick’s Zoo is the perfect place for students to see and learn about the many animals we share a planet with. Group rates are offered to schools, day-cares, summer programs, scouts, associations, and non-profits.
Note: The minimum to qualify for group rates is 20 people (ages 3+). Group visits must be booked with our Group Sales at least 2 weeks in advance.
Note: Click HERE if you are looking for the ZooMobile Program in which an EARTH educator and 7-8 animals travel to your school, library, etc.
Making your Reservation
2017 Group Rates
Weekdays (Mon-Fri no holidays) $11/person
Weekends (Sat & Sun no holidays) $15.00/person
Call: 800-258-9182 ext 501 to book your group/field trip
Group rates are not available at the entrance without a scheduled reservation.
- Group Trips must be booked two weeks in advance through our group sales department. Please have a date, arrival time, departure time, mailing address, phone number, email address, and how many people expected.
- The minimum to qualify for the group rate is 20 people (ages 3+).*
- Please read all information below prior to booking your trip.
The zoo holds the group leader and chaperones responsible for children adhering to zoo rule, regulations, and personal conduct. Any behavior that endangers the safety of the animals, staff, or other visitors will result in the group being asked to leave the zoo and your organization/principal will be notified.
Please read and discuss our safety rules with your students before you arrive. All visitors are expected to treat the zoo and animals with respect.
- Obey all posted guidelines within the zoo
- Visitors must stay on all walkways and paths and cannot climb or reach over fences. Please no running, we are located on natural terrain.
- For the safety of the animals and guests, we require a ratio of 1 adult for every 5 children for entry into the petting zoo and deer forest. DO NOT run, chase, scream/yell at, or surround the animals. DO NOT pick up the baby goats. Plastic baggies are not allowed in the deer forest or petting zoo.
- Throwing objects at animals or into habitats is harmful and will not be tolerated.
- Please respect the animals, staff, and other patrons. Keep the volume of your voices down when near exhibits. Do not tease animals or copy their noises as this can agitate many species. Do not tap on glass in indoor exhibits. These actions can be very stressful for the animals.
- Chaperones must be present and able to enforce zoo rules. All high school students must be accompanied by an adult (non-student) chaperone and remain with the chaperone for the entire duration of the visit.
Planning Your Field Trip
- Please have a date, arrival time, departure time, mailing address, phone number, email address, and how many people expected ready for when you call and book your group visit.
- We offer a group discount of $3.50 per person for the Woodland Express Ride. If interested, please inquire when you call to book your field trip.
- We recommend 1 chaperone for every 10 students. For the safety of our animals and guests, we require 1 adult chaperone per 5 children to enter the deer forest and petting zoo. These areas are entered at your own risk and we ask that you obey all posted guidelines.
- High School Students must be accompanied by an adult chaperone (non student) and remain with the chaperone throughout the zoo visit.
- We recommend planning out your trip using our map. It typically takes about 3 hours to see the entire zoo.
- Make sure your group knows in advance the time and location you will meet for lunch and when your bus will depart to return to the school.
The Day of Your Visit
- Group Parking for buses is now across the street from the zoo in the field parking lot next to Gate 3 in the designated Group Parking Area. Children will remain on the bus until directed by zoo staff.
- Cars will park in rows 7 and 8 in the field parking lot across from Gate 3.
- All members of your trip must arrive together and enter together. One person in charge will make payment for the entire group. Cash or Credit Card is preferred but we will accept bank or corporate checks. Note: we no longer accept purchase orders on the day of the trip without prior approval and having a copy in our office 2 weeks in advance.
- Students ARE NOT allowed to bring backpacks and bags into the zoo, ONLY chaperones may have backpacks (1 per adult). Bag lunches may be left on pallets at Gate 3 (the group entrance). Please clean up after your group.
- Chaperones must be present and able to enforce zoo rules and have command of their group. Any behavior that endangers the safety of the animals, staff, or other visitors will result in the group being asked to leave the zoo and your organization/principal will be notified.
- If you plan on visiting the gift shop, put aside some time. The Group Entrance/Exit is no longer located near the gift shop. All children must be chaperoned in the gift shop. Please assist children with their purchases.
- First Aid supplies can be found at the main entrance and all concession buildings for your use.
- Thank you in advance for your cooperation, we hope your group has a great day at the zoo!
*Don’t qualify for group rate because you do not meet the minimum of 20 people OR you are a large family or a group of friends that want to visit together? Don’t worry, you can purchase Family Fun Paks at the main entrance for a great discount on admission for groups of under 20 people!