Internships with EARTH Ltd and Southwick’s Zoo are a rewarding experience which provides college students and recent college graduates the chance to learn and develop valuable skills while working in a unique setting.
We offer two internship opportunities each year: Spring/Summer Internships which begin in May and end in August, and Fall internships which begin in August and typically end in November.
- Discounts for food purchased at the zoo during work hours (does NOT apply to Galliford’s Restaurant).
- Discounts for gifts purchased at the zoo gift shop.
- Season’s pass to use for yourself and friends for entrance to the zoo on non-work days (after 2nd week of internship).
- The opportunity to gain experience and work with a great group of people!
Spring/Summer 2018 Internships
We are no longer accepting applications for spring/summer 2018 internships. Thank you to all of this year’s applicants.
We will begin accepting applications for Fall 2018 internships in July.
All interns will be responsible to their direct supervisors, in addition to Samantha Russak, Director of Education and Betsey Brewer, Executive Director of Conservation, Education, & Research.
Requirements for all Internships:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be a student currently enrolled in college or a recent college graduate.
- Must be able to attend internship training orientation and zoo tour in May 2018.
- Must be willing and able to work with children of varying ages, as well as adults, in a professional manner.
- Must be able to take and follow directions to maintain a safe work environment for personnel, visitors, and the animals at the zoo.
- All interns will be required to complete assignments during their internships, dependent on department.
- All interns are required to create a project for, and attend, EARTH Awareness Day on August 4, 2018.
- Interns are required to assist with EARTH Bash on June 22, 2018.