Internships with EARTH Ltd and Southwick’s Zoo are a rewarding experience where you will have the opportunity to learn and develop valuable skills while working in a unique setting. Spring/Summer Internships begin in May and end in August. Fall internships begin in August and typically end in November.
We are no longer accepting applications for Spring/Summer internships.
We will begin accepting applications for Fall internships in August 2017.
If you have any questions, email or call Samantha Russak at email@example.com or 1-800-258-9182 ext 214
Requirements for all internships
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be a student currently enrolled in college or a recent graduate.
- Must be able to attend internship training orientation and zoo tour in May for Summer internships and August for Fall internships.
- Must be willing and able to work with children of varying ages, as well as adults in a professional manner.
- Must be able to take and follow directions to maintain a safe work environment for personnel, visitors and the animals at the zoo.
- All interns will be required to complete three assignments during their internships. Assignments are dependent on internship position. (Spring/Summer internships only)
- All interns are required to create a project for and attend EARTH Awareness Day on Saturday, August 5, 2017. (Spring/Summer internships only)
- Interns are required to assist with EARTH Bash on Saturday, June 30, 2017 and one additional EARTH event. (Spring/Summer internships only)
Benefits of all internships
- Discounts for food purchased at zoo during work hours
- Discounts for gifts purchased at the zoo gift shop
- Season’s pass to use for yourself and friends for entrance to the zoo on non-work days (after 2nd week of internship)
- The opportunity to gain experience and work with a great group of people!
All Interns will be responsible to their direct supervisors (listed below), in addition to Samantha Russak, Director of Education and Betsey Brewer, Executive Director of Conservation, Education, & Research.