All positions require working weekends and holidays. Seasonal positions are not full time. Schedules vary weekly and we cannot guarantee set hours and days.
Applications for review may or may not get a call for interview. Please be specific on which position you are applying. Those who choose a specific position from the employment list below on their application will get first review for employment.
In accordance with Massachusetts child labor laws, please no applicants under 16 years of age.
If you are interested in internships at Southwick’s Zoo, click HERE.
SkyFari Ride Main Operator
This position includes both operation and maintenance of the ride. Applicants must have experience with hydraulics, mechanics, and working with the public. He/She must have the ability to work quickly and safely with others in a supervisory capacity. Applicants must have a strong work ethic, be personally motivated, and submit to a CORI check. Chair Lift experience is preferred. Must be able to work early mornings. 30-40 hours/week seasonal (March – November). Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and have a driver’s license. Serious applicants need apply. When applying online select “RIDES” under the department selection. If you have questions, please call 800-258-9182 x 200.
SkyFari Ride Attendant
This position includes both operation and minor maintenance of the ride in addition to working with the public. He/She must have the ability to work quickly and safely and provide exceptional customer service. Applicants must have a strong work ethic, be personally motivated, and submit to a CORI check. This is a seasonal position (20 – 40 hrs per week). Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and have a driver’s license. Serious applicants need apply. When applying online select “RIDES” under the department selection.
Additional Seasonal Positions:
- Food & Beverage (Concessions)
- Retail Sales (All gift shops, train station, parakeet landing, mining sluice, etc)
- Kiddie Ride Ticket Sales CORI Mandatory
- Kiddie Ride Operator (must be at least 18 years of age to apply and good with children) CORI Mandatory
- Train Ride Operator (preferable experience with driving, tractors, mechanics) CORI Mandatory
- Pony Rides (Must be at least 18 yrs of age with horse/pony experience) CORI Mandatory
- Petting Zoo Attendant ( Must have experience with hoofstock & be at least 18 yrs)
- Parakeet Aviary Attendant (Must be at least 18yrs of age & bird experience preferred)
- SkyFari Ride Operator (must be at least 18 years of age, preferable experience with hydraulics, mechanics) CORI Mandatory
- SkyFari Ride Attendant (must be at least 18 years of age) CORI Mandatory
- Skyfari Booth (Ticket Sales)
- Parking Attendants (Group Bus Parking / Visitor Parking – Must have high energy and a positive attitude.)
- Custodial Positions (Multiple Shifts – early mornings to late afternoons)
- Landscaping / Horticulture
Animal Care Positions
Please note that, while we are accepting applications, we do not have any animal care openings at this time. To inquire about Animal Care Employment Opportunities at Southwick’s Zoo, please call 800-258-9182 ext 209 or mail your cover letter (addressed to Betsey Brewer), resume, and two professional references to:
Attn: Animal Care
2 Southwick’s Street
Mendon, MA 01756